Hey there, visitor! Welcome to Swim Forums, the web's #1 swimming discussion forum.
Swim Forums is a community of swimmers, both competitive and recreational, and coaches that help each other get better at the sport. Whether you swim workouts for 2 hours a day, or just swim in your friend's backyard pool, Swim Forums has something for you!
Members get the benefits of creating their own profile page and participating in a wide range of community discussions! Membership is fun, easy, and free, and registration only takes a moment of your time. Once you create an account, you can start posting right away! Create an Account »Already a member? Login to your account:
Return to TopReturn to Content
|Rules and Regulations
|On behalf of the staff of Swim Forums, we would like to welcome you to the forums! This is a place where swimmers can meet new people and discuss techniques to get better at their sport. However, in order to keep this a fun place for everyone, there are a few ground rules we have in place.
- No Spamming - Spamming is when you make useless posts that do not contribute to the conversation. This includes posting comments with no meaning,
posting in the wrong forum or hijacking somebody else's thread, or simply posting with links to your website.
- Posting links to your site is okay, as long as there is something meaningful in your post, and the link relates to the conversation. Do not just spam your website's link into all of your posts.
- Posting multiple copies of the same topic (in the same or in other forums) is spam. That is not allowed. Same goes for posts.
- Please do not bump topics. Topics that have value will be brought to the top when someone else replies to them.
- Posting in lots of colors is unpleasant to the eye and spamming. Only use colors to stress a point.
- Overuse of smilies/images in a post is also spamming. Do not post more smilies than you have to.
- This is an English only forum. Posting in other languages is not allowed, sorry.
Multiple Accounts - Users are not allowed to make multiple accounts.
- If your main account gets banned, and you do not believe you have broken any rules, do not make a new account to 'Ask about your main one.' Instead, simply use the Contact Us form. There is no reason why any user should have more than one account.
- Inappropriate Content - The following content is not allowed to be linked to or posted on these forums. Images or links to websites that condone or show the following material will be a cause for an immediate ban.
- Pornography or Explicit Material.
- Warez, nulled software, illegal downloads, etc.
- Inappropriate Depictions of Minors.
- Hateful or Harrassing Content to any Group or Individual
- Sharing of serials, passwords, personal information.
- Terrorist or other Illegal activities.
- Any other illegal activities as defined by United States law.
- Please keep the conversations PG-13 or less. Do not over-use curse words and please keep discussion appropriate.
- Issues between members - The staff here are not your personal babysitters. If you don't like a member, or have a personal vendetta against them, it is your problem,
and your problem only.
- If you do not like a member, do not start fights in the forums. If you want, you can choose to
have their posts 'ignored'.
User CP --> Buddy/Ignore List --> Add Users to your Ignore List.
Staff have the final say - Do not dispute moderator actions in public.
- If you have a question about an infraction or moderator action,
please either PM them, or use the Contact Us form. You can find a list of moderators here.
Signature Rules - signatures limits and requirements are as follows:
- You must have at least 15 posts to use a signature.
- You are limited to the use of 4 links and 3 images (including emoticons) in signatures.
- Signatures may not be larger than 5 lines (without images).
- Your entire signature, including images and text, cannot be larger than 500px (width) by 150px (height) by 50KB (file size).
You may not use the x-large font in signatures.
Signatures must follow all forum rules.
Click here for more information regarding the forum, as well as a list of other policies.
These Rules and Regulations may change at any time. Changes may or may not be announced, but any issues will always be governed by the current rules. It is your responsibility to keep up to date.